A Telecoms Engineer is required to join the Engineering Team at Squire Technologies.
Established in 2001, Squire Technologies Ltd has experienced rapid, year-on-year growth providing Carrier Grade Telecoms Products and Services to the Telecommunication Industry worldwide with deployments in more than 90 countries. Starting as an SS7 consultancy building custom products from best-of-breed hardware, Squire Technologies quickly took this expertise into building and delivering carrier grade SS7 based signalling products. Squire Technologies is a growing global telecommunication equipment manufacturer which delivers to a global customer base and has continued to grow through tough market conditions. Squire Technologies is based in the South West of England in Dorchester which offers a great country based lifestyle and close proximity to the outstanding Jurassic coastline and maritime facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Solving technical problems and investigating escalated issues.
- Ability to review support cases to enable a correct allocation of priorities.
- Deployment of specialised troubleshooting solutions to help ensure the intricacies of a challenging issue is captured. This may include, but is not limited to onsite installations or replacements of various hardware components, software patching, diagnostic testing, and the use of remote control tools used to access the user’s machine for the purpose of troubleshooting and finding a solution to the problem.
- The building of bespoke software only and hardware/software solutions for shipment & installation within a customer’s network.
- The majority of installations are done remotely from the UK but the right candidate might be asked to travel.
- Regular customer feedback.
- Installation, debugging, commissioning.
- Knowledge of networking components, VoIP, Linux operating systems and basic computer hardware components.
- Experience in telecoms with an understanding of SIP, SS7 (ISUP+SCCP), SMS.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- High levels of energy, coupled with an enthusiastic, motivated and positive approach to technology.
- Pro-active and conscientious and be able to handle the conflicting priorities within a busy customer focused environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BA, BSc or HND qualifications desirable but will consider motivated candidates with 2 A Levels minimum.
- The ideal candidate must be outgoing with good people skills, display an ability to be able to methodically work through technical procedures and enjoy quick-fire problem solving.
- The candidate will be an experienced, pro-active Telecoms Engineer able to work to procedures under pressure in a customer facing environment.
- The candidate should have the ability to ascertain and impart appropriate information during installations, and to record activity in the on-line CRM system.
- IP networks knowledge essential, a good understanding of Telecoms protocol and Linux useful.
Salary£18K to £25k + per annum depending on experience.
To Apply for the Role
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV.
You will need to download and submit the completed form using the links below: