Senior Software Developer
A Senior Software Engineer is required to join our Telecoms Engineering team at Squire Technologies.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a highly successful, innovative team in a modern and flourishing branch of the telecoms industry. Squire Technologies is looking to expand its Engineering Department and we are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to provide technical support and development for our global customer base. This is a permanent, full time role based in our Dorchester office.
Established in 2001, Squire Technologies Ltd has experienced rapid, year-on-year growth providing Carrier Grade Telecoms Products and Services worldwide, with deployments in over 90 countries. Based in the South West of England the role offers a great country based lifestyle and close proximity to the outstanding Jurassic coastline and maritime facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Requirements capture
- Software design, requiring the ability to produce written design specifications to meet specified requirements
- Writing test specifications
- Software development
- Performing unit testing
- Analysing and diagnosing faults in existing products
- Bug fixing
- Provide written and verbal reports to management on project status
You will be responsible for ensuring your work is done in accordance with our quality procedures, particularly in the following areas of:
- Software release
- Software testing
- Source code control
- Updating of support cases within the CRM system
The role does require a certain amount of flexibility and shall not exclusively be restricted to the software development process. Additional responsibilities will involve:
- Providing technical backup to the support, installation and production teams.
- Assisting in the writing of product user documentation.
- From time to time the employee may be required to undertake on-site visits to assist with support and installation issues.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Need to have high levels of energy, coupled with a logical and structured approach to problem solving; you will be passionate about technology and delivering change.
- Must be able to work in a standalone Agile Engineering environment.
- Will be pro-active and conscientious with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Will be team orientated as well as open to learning and sharing their knowledge.
- Be proficient in programming languages: C,JAVA, SQL, Python
It will be desirable for you to have telecoms experience, 2+ years programming experience in fixed line, mobile (3G/4G) or VoIP telecom environments.
SalaryUp to 60K per annum, depending on experience.
To Apply for the Role
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV.
You will need to download and submit the completed form using the links below: