- Address Complete Message
- Advanced Intelligent Network “The Advanced Intelligent Network (AIN) is a telephone network architecture that separates service logic from switching equipment, allowing new services to be added without having to redesign switches to support new services. Developed by Bell Communications Research, AIN is recognized as an industry standard in North America.”
- Automatic Identified Outward Calling
- Automatic Number Identification
- Answer Message
- American National Standards Institute ANSI facilitates the development of US domestic standards through consensus processes and communicates US standards to the international standards arena.
- Is the standard for transaction based functionality on non-GSM cellular networks. Provides provision of SMS / HLR Update type services.
- Application Programming Interface “Access to the functionality of a software package is provided to a programmer/user through an API. The API could be a library that presents a set of function calls that a programmer can access at compile or run time or a GUI based API , message based API etc..”
- American Standard Code for Information Interchange (ANSI) “The ANSI 7-bit character code with, with an 8th bit for parity checking.”
- Abstract Syntax Notation 1
“ASN.1 is an internationally standardised, vendor independent, platform independent, and language independent notation for specifying data structures at a high level of abstraction. Used extensively to encode data structures in SS7 for transaction based signalling - i.e. TCAP, MAP, INAP”
- Authentication Centre
The AUC stores confidential data and keys in a GSM network that are used to provide security.