Out of the box the SVI_DSC offers a range of powerful features to insure successful deployment in your Diameter Network:
|Core Functionality||Intelligent Routing|
|Core Functionality||Diameter Manipulation Engine|
|Toolkit||Service Creation Toolkit|
|Core Functionality||Web based GUI|
|Core Functionality||Carrier Grade Redundancy|
Extensive intelligent routing options are available on the SVI-DSC:
- Route on header and AVP contents
- Full support for RFC 3588
- Full support for session bindings
- Support for Subscriber Location Function - 3GPP TS29.228
- White List / Black List Admission Control
- White List /Black list of supported AVP's
To ease network integration routing can first be performed offline to test new routing rules. These tests are configured in XML allowing a suite of backward compatibility tests to be developed.
As with all SVI products the SVI-DSC comes out of the box with a powerful, regular-expression based manipulation engine allowing all parts of a Diameter message / AVP to be created, replaced or removed. This insures full inter-op between different vendors / devices and comprehensive message normalisation. As with the routing engine message formats can be tested offline by creating messages manually or loading pcaps from Wireshark.
The Service Creation Toolkit allows you to rapidly deliver new services and features into your network via the SVI-DSC Diameter Signalling Controller.
The standalone toolkit communicates directly with the SVI-DSC over a comprehensive message API. Messages triggered at the SVI-DSC are sent to the Python based toolkit where message decode, manipulation and logic can be applied to deliver the required feature or service.
The Toolkit interfaces to a wide range of Open Interfaces including SQL, HTPP, XML, LDAP, SMTP and SOAP allowing lookups, storage and integration into clients OSS/BSS infrastructure. The toolkit can also auto configure the SVI-DSC via XML allowing, for example, the rapid development of firewall type applications.
This powerful and flexible toolkit allows network engineers or Squire Technologies commissioning engineers to rapidly build complex logic, which can be tested offline before its depl
Web Based GUI
The globally deployed SVI platform empowers its users with an advanced level of expertise and functionality.
Building upon the SVI command line interface the web based GUI brings the user powerful tools to manage system resources, ensuring swift new user adoption and delivering a real-time OA&M, offering:
- Dashboard interface
- Wizard library
- Customisation - via XML
- Secure multi-user features
- Extensive help resources
- Compatibility with the entire SVI range
Real time system setup, onboard resource and call routing management
Comprehensive statistical service monitoring and system status tool
Rapid tracing, diagnosing and CDR analysis compatible with Wireshark and Ethereal
Command Line Interface
Expert user tools accessed through wide vocabulary of command line queries via high speed MMI interface.
- High speed real time configuration
- Full ‘secure’ remote access
- Low Level MMI Interface
- Full onboard database inspection and control
- Real time resource status display
- Controlling system recourses
- Configurable logfiles, capturing all aspects of system performance
- Compatible with Wireshark and Ethereal for full graphical protocol traces
- Extensive onboard CDRs and statistics generation
- Call minutes, ASR, PDD, ACD, etc
- Resource Statistics
- Trap Reports Network
- Trap capture
- Statistic monitoring, graphing and alarming
The SVI-DSC supports full carrier grade redundancy providing replicated hardware and/or software eliminating single points of failure. It can be deployed in the following 2 x modes:
- Single IP address presented using Virtual IP address - VIP
- Worker / Standby configuration
- Peer connection only to worker node
n + 1 Redundancy
- SVI-DSC is configured as multiple nodes
- Worker / Worker configuration
- Offers alternate routing between SVI-DSC nodes