SVI_GMSC Gateway MSC
The SVI_GMSC is a flexible Gateway Mobile Switching Centre that enables operators to deliver traffic for mobile termination by direct interconnection with key entities in the mobile network sub-system. All mobile-to-mobile calls and those from other networks for mobiles must leverage the GMSC in order to determine the location of the target mobile.
The GMSC is a key element that allows traffic from other networks to be delivered to mobile devices. This is achieved by configuring a flexible range of options that allow interoperability with HLR/HSS, BSS billing or number portability (MNP) functions, Intelligent Network (IN) functions, IVR/VM functions and PSTN networks.
Charging is a critical element enabling operators to integrate with prepaid systems in mobile networks. Prepaid, or online, charging is the principle charging system in use in today's mobile networks and allows real-time billing to take place. The charging module manages integration with billing systems and triggers event-based billing when calls or sessions are initiated. It enables operators to interface directly with the BSS online charging system of mobile providers, simplifying call completion and billing reconciliation. Connectivity with online charging systems is achieved via SS7 CAMEL, INAP or Diameter signalling.
Mobile Number Portability support provides operators with the means to interrogate number portability databases. The number portability database can be within the operator’s network or held in a peer or national location. By supporting MNP, operators can ensure they deliver traffic efficiently and avoid transit costs to networks that offer these capabilities. This functionality enables full support of local and mobile number portability as well as integration with emerging ENUM services.
Web Based GUI
The globally deployed SVI platform empowers its users with an advanced level of expertise and functionality.
Building upon the SVI command line interface the web based GUI brings the user powerful tools to manage system resources, ensuring swift new user adoption and delivering a real-time OA&M, offering:
- Dashboard interface
- Wizard library
- Customisation - via XML
- Secure multi-user features
- Extensive help resources
- Compatibility with the entire SVI range
Real time system setup, onboard resource and call routing management
Comprehensive statistical service monitoring and system status tool
Rapid tracing, diagnosing and CDR analysis compatible with Wireshark and Ethereal
Command Line Interface
Expert user tools accessed through wide vocabulary of command line queries via high speed MMI interface.
- High speed real time configuration
- Full ‘secure’ remote access
- Low Level MMI Interface
- Full onboard database inspection and control
- Real time resource status display
- Controlling system recourses
- Configurable logfiles, capturing all aspects of system performance
- Compatible with Wireshark and Ethereal for full graphical protocol traces
- Extensive onboard CDRs and statistics generation
- Call minutes, ASR, PDD, ACD, etc
- Resource Statistics
- Trap Reports Network
- Trap capture
- Statistic monitoring, graphing and alarming
- 1+1 Dual Plane Worker / Hot Standby
- Database and signalling information check pointed between planes
- Replicated Hardware and Software
- Maintain calls in answer on failover
- Eliminates Single Points Of Failure
- Five Nines up time (99.999)
- Single Point code spread across dual plane architecture
- Single IP service address using VIP technology
- Real Time Maintenance Upgrades
- 1+1 Dual Plane Redundancy
- Hot Swap PSU, Fans