Senior IP Telecoms Engineer
- Vacancy for a Senior IP Telecoms Engineer to join our telecoms support team.
- This is a permanent, full time role.
- Based in our Dorchester office.
Established in 2001, Squire Technologies Ltd has experienced rapid, year-on-year growth providing Carrier Grade Telecoms Products and Services to the Telecommunication Industry with deployments in more than 70 countries.
Squire Technologies is based in the South West of the UK in Dorchester which offers a great country based lifestyle with good access to outstanding coastline and maritime facilities.
The primary purpose of the role will be installing and configuring Squire Technologies unique telecoms solutions and providing technical support and training for these products:
- Providing in-depth technical support, handling and resolving technical issues and investigating escalated support matters.
- Deployments of specialist troubleshooting solutions to help ensure the intricacies of a challenging issue are captured.
- Diagnostic testing and the use of remote tools used to access customers systems for the purpose of troubleshooting and identifying solutions.
- Providing regular customer feedback on cases to manage customer relationships.
- Software patching/Customer upgrades.
- Collaborate with internal teams as required to deliver outstanding levels of service to our clients.
- Performing customer installations of Squire Solutions remotely or onsite where required.
- Detailed documentation of customer installations and handover to support colleagues.
- Providing customer training.
- Providing process improvement where relevant.
- Working experience in IP Telecoms with knowledge of some/all, SIP, SS7 (ISUP+SCCP), SBC, SMS, SMSC, SMSG, STP, debugger, is required.
- Working knowledge of networking components, DNS, DHCP, FTP, SSH, Telnet, VoIP, VPN, SNMP, IP Routing, and Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP Protocols.
- Good working knowledge of Linux, and Virtualisation Technology.
- Working knowledge of Scripting/Programming Languages: SQL, Python, Perl, Bash.
- You will have high levels of energy, enthusiasm, motivation, coupled with a logical and structured approach to problem solving; you will be passionate about technology.
- You will be pro-active and conscientious with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You will be team orientated as well as open to learning and sharing knowledge.
- Telecoms experience, 1 or 2+ years support experience in fixed line, mobile (3G/4G) or VoIP telecom environments.
Up to £25k - £35k per annum depending on experience.
How to apply for the role
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV.
You will need to download and submit the completed form using the links below: