An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a highly successful, team-orientated and motivated company in a branch of Telecommunications that is modern and flourishing. You will be joining a team of talented telecom and software engineers who work with cutting-edge software technology that is deployed by leading telecom companies around the world.
Squire Technologies was established in the early 2000's and have experienced rapid year on year growth providing telecoms services globally. Due to continued growth we are looking for a highly capable, adaptable and inquisitive software engineer to join our engineering department based in our Dorchester office.
This is a permanent, full time role based in our Dorchester office.
Established in 2001, Squire Technologies Ltd has experienced rapid, year-on-year growth providing Carrier Grade Telecoms Products and Services to the Telecommunication Industry worldwide with deployments in more than 70 countries.
Squire Technologies is based in the South West of the UK in Dorchester which offers a great country based lifestyle with good access to outstanding coastline and maritime facilities.
The role will cover all aspects of the software development lifecycle:
- Requirements capture
- Software design. You will be required to produce written design specifications to meet specified requirements
- Writing test specifications
- Software development
- Performing unit testing
- Analysing and diagnosing faults in existing products
- Bug fixing
- Provide written and verbal reports to management on project status
It shall be your responsibility to ensure that your work is done in accordance with the company quality procedures, particularly in the following main areas:
- Software release
- Software testing
- Source code control
- Updating of support cases within the CRM system
The role does require a certain amount of flexibility and shall not exclusively be restricted to the software development process. Additional responsibilities shall include things such as:
- Providing technical backup to the support, installation and production teams.
- Assisting in the writing of product user documentation.
- From time to time the employee may be required to undertake on-site visits to assist with support and installation issues.
- You will need to have high levels of energy, coupled with a logical and structured approach to problem solving; you will be passionate about technology and delivering change.
- You must be able to work in a standalone Agile Engineering environment.
- You will be pro-active and conscientious with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You will be team orientated as well as open to learning and sharing knowledge.
- Programming Languages: C,JAVA, SQL, Python
- Desirable: Telecoms experience, 1 or 2+ years programming experience in fixed line, mobile (3G/4G) or VoIP telecom environments
Up to £40k + per annum depending on experience.
How to apply for the role
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV.
You will need to download and submit the completed form using the links below: