We have an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful, team-orientated and motivated company in a branch of Telecommunications that is modern and flourishing.
Squire Technologies is looking to expand its Engineering Department and are looking for a Graduate Software Engineer to join the team.
- Vacancy for a Graduate Software Engineer.
- Permanent, full time position.
- Flexible working hours and remote working can be discussed for the right candidate.
Established in 2001, Squire Technologies Ltd has experienced rapid, year-on-year growth providing Carrier Grade Telecoms Products and Services to the Telecommunication Industry with deployments in more than 100 countries.
Squire Technologies is based in the South West of the UK in Dorchester which offers a great country based lifestyle with good access to outstanding coastline and maritime facilities.
The role will cover all aspects of the software development lifecycle:
- Requirements capture
- Software design. You will be required to produce written design specifications to meet specified requirements
- Writing test specifications
- Software development
- Performing unit testing
- Adding to and improving automated product testing
- Analysing and diagnosing faults in existing products
- Bug fixing
- Provide written and verbal reports to management on project status
It shall be your responsibility to ensure that your work is done in accordance with the company quality procedures, particularly in the following main areas:
- Software release
- Software testing
- Source code control
- Updating of support cases within the CRM system
The role does require a certain amount of flexibility and shall not exclusively be restricted to the software development process. Additional responsibilities shall include things such as:
- Providing technical backup to the support, installation and production teams.
- Assisting in the writing of product user documentation.
- You will need to have high levels of energy, coupled with a logical and structured approach to problem solving; you will be passionate about technology and delivering change.
- You must be able to work in a standalone agile engineering environment.
- You will be pro-active and conscientious with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You will be team orientated as well as open to learning and sharing knowledge.
- Programming Languages: C,JAVA, SQL, Python
What we offer
- Remote Working including remote onboarding at the time of joining
- Domain specific training for candidates who have not worked/no experience in telecoms
- Regular team building activities / team outings / pub lunch
- Employee specific personal development plan
- Regular review of performance and pay
Up to £25k per annum depending on experience.