At the signalling core of a VoLTE network is our SVI-SBC Session Border Controller product. The SVI-SBC is able to act as both a proxy and a B2BUA allowing it to dynamically manage signalling and media traffic that needs translating in the core of the network whilst proxying the remaining traffic. With half a decade of international carrier grade deployment the SVI-SBC can guarantee optimised signalling interconnect in a VoLTE network delivering:
Support for VoLTE Pre-Conditions
- Manage end-to-end bandwidth with support for VoLTE pre-conditions
- Insure Voice Quality
- Rapidly deploy new VoLTE handsets and manage interconnect issues from handset OS upgrades
Support for multi device, single number services
- Manage multiple subscriber registration for softphone app’s across multiple devices – tablets, laptops, mobiles
- Manage subscriber forking on calls across multiple devices on multiple networks
- Retain a single number per subscriber
Support for signalling and media inter-op with traditional VoIP devices and App enabled softphones
- SIP signalling inter-op and media transcoding between AMR, AMR-WB, Opus and G711, G729 and G723 *for full list of codec support please see here*
At the heart of the problem is that 2G/3G networks are built upon legacy SS7 protocol technology, whereas 4G LTE networks are developed around the Diameter protocol.
What is required is a bridge between these technologies, one that will seamlessly allow the sharing of policy, charging and authentication information.
Squire Technologies carrier grade Media Gateways (SVI_MG) and Media Gateway Control Function (SVI_MGCF) provide a seamless breakout to the PSTN. Coupled with Squire Technologies specialist installation and commissioning services insures a comprehensive delivery of the VoLTE Breakout Gateway Control Function (BGCF).
64 High West Street, Dorchester
Dorset, DT1 1XA
© Squire Technologies Ltd 2019. All Rights Reserved.